How to Grow your eCommerce Business with Email Marketing
Remember the 90’s when we all were amazed by sending and receiving emails not through a postman but directly from the sender to us via the computer and that too within seconds,that was the mail technology which was started as a means of communication but today, over 205 billion emails are sent and received every day according to the technology research firm, Radicati.
And like all other obsolete platforms of communication, email isn’t going anywhere and smart business owners know it. Your email list is a business asset that no one can take away from you. It can always be saved and transferred between email marketing service providers as needed.
Started as the means of communication today Emails have outdriven the social media when it comes to e-commerce. Email marketing is one of the best and the most sorted option for any online entrepreneur to market his product on the huge marketplace THE INTERNET!
So when starting your online store, EMAIL marketing is what you must really think about as the first priority as :
- Email Outperforms Twitter and Facebook for Selling Online:Today social media has become the base of displaying your products online even then according to surveys Email marketing has topped in successful sales rather than Facebook or Twitter as they are more regarded as content and there is not an ease of buying and security through most of the pages on the social media.
- It’s Getting More Difficult to Strategically Climb Google’s Ranking Algorithm:Everyone wants a good ranking in the GOOGLE, however, getting higher rankings in the present competitive scenario is getting tougher and if you want to keep up with the going trend and get the best rankings to keep the customers engaged is the best method for SEO and thus EMAIL Marketing is the key to quick higher ranks.
- Email is Content Marketing's Best Friend
Content marketing is a strategic marketing activity whereby businesses create and distribute original content that their audience finds valuable. Rather than paying to get in front of potential customers with traditional advertising, businesses aim to draw attention to themselves by delivering relevant education and entertainment which builds buzz for the brand as well as trust with the audience. That's why collecting email addresses from your visitors is so important. It gives you a way to keep in touch and follow up with your audience over time and ensures that all the time and money you've spent on creating content results in more than just one-time visits.
- Email Drives Traffic and Sales
With the potential to communicate your messages to specific segments on your email list, you can use your email list to reach your customers in a wide variety of ways.
Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Newsletters provide your audience with the latest information on new products and updates to your business.
- Drip campaigns are a collection of emails sent at strategic times with the intention of engaging and educating customers over time, until they purchase.
- Special occasion emails for holidays, birthdays, and other personal events.
- Abandoned cart reminders ensure customers complete the checkout process.
- Reward loyal customers with exclusive discounts.
- Re-engage customers who have not shopped in a while.
- Generate feedback testimonials from customers.
- Trigger campaigns send specific emails when customers take a certain action (Customer clicks ‘Men’s Wear’, ‘Men’s Spring Season Discount’ email is delivered 2 days later)
You can engage your customers through email in much deeper ways and use it to drive traffic to your e-commerce website. Shopify's email buy button also makes it simple for your email recipients to go straight to checkout with the product they love.
So now you know why email marketing is very important for you as an online entrepreneur? So now the question arises as to how you will do it?
This guide will walk you through how to:
- Start building an email list for your eCommerce business.
- Accelerate your list building efforts through email.
- Drive more website traffic and sales with strategic campaigns.
- Improve your email marketing performance over time.
But doing all this please keep in mind that we are all into ANTI-SPAM marketing and only that makes The EMAIL MARKETING a success. We will always do a ‘PERMISSION MARKETING’.While anti-spam laws will differ depending on where you’re marketing to, adhering to the following best practices is a good place to start:
- Get consent: You’ve obtained express permission or opt-in from your list to send commercial email messages, and have explained the nature of the relationship you’re establishing. Make sure you have a record of this in case you ever need to provide proof.
- Clearly identify yourself: Your messages must clearly identify yourself or your company as the sender and offer some way to reach you—like a physical address or a website, usually in the footer of your emails.
- Offer a way to opt out: Every email needs to provide a way to unsubscribe that lets the recipient remove themselves from all future communication.
Ok so now you know that how to do it but to just make it more easy for you there are already many amazing email marketing platforms available who would love to set it up for you! They love you just like you love your clients! Here are some best email marketing platforms:
- Campaign Monitor
- Constant Contact
These email marketing platforms offer a place for you to keep your mailing list as well as a automate the production and sending of your emails. They also provide stunning templates and segmented client list with great analytics and insights of how your marketing campaign is running!
With this guide now you are all set to start your Campaign and incase you get stuck WE are always there to help!