CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is a software for building a multi-seller eCommerce marketplace like eBay, Etsy, and Amazon. More than 1,300 online malls were made worldwide have been using this platform since 2005.
But in recent times there have been lots of issues with this platform with changes from being a robust and reliable eCommerce solution to becoming annoying and problematic for nontech people as well as facing challenges in online trading.Cs-Cart has set its own rules which become less customizable as well as not according to the present needs.
So what to do in a scenario like this? You look for other platforms which will give you
- The smoothest way on to run your store without any restrictions
- A platform which gives you the benefit of technology as well as ease of use;
- A platform which helps you to scale.
Shopify is your answer to this!
Yes, CS-Cart is a worthy, reliable and decent suggestion for running an eCommerce business. But there are a lot of issues associated with this platform and Shopify wins the race.
Shopify today is the 3rd most popular shopping cart in the Top 1 Million sites in Hosted Solution category. With the number of 738,081 live websites using Shopify, it is the leader among the most robust and reliable eCommerce platforms.
This is a complete eCommerce solution that lets the online traders start, expand, and manage their business. The store customization is a simple and straightforward task which you can DIY. Here you’re free to choose where to sell, what to sell and how to sell. Is it web, or mobile, or social media, or online marketplaces, or brick-and-mortar locations, or even the pop-up shops — everything is affordable and ready to be used. So easy it will seem that you are just preparing 2-minute noodles!
Shopify is a cloud-based and hosted eCommerce solution no 3rd party hosting so you’re free of worries about upgrading or maintaining software or web servers.
Also, you don’t need to worry about the speed of the store or its uptime! This gives you the independence to access and run the e-business from anywhere with internet connection available.
Shopify is the first choice of new generation entrepreneurs who want it all in the best and organized manner. Here is some reason you will agree after switching to Shopify as to why we are claiming the reign of Shopify?
Reasons why Shopify is an Ideal E-Commerce Platform
- It’s hosted eCommerce solution. No worries about managing every aspect concerning shopping cart, its functionality, and all the technical things. Platform provider supports all of them. Hosted solutions are more comfortable in using, and if you’re not a tech guy, the better idea is not to waste time, money and efforts with self-hosted platforms.
- It supports multiple languages. Did you know how many customers go away from your store just because the interface language is unfamiliar to them? Why lose customers? Numerous languages are what enlarges store’s audience significantly.
- Shopify designers have created more than 100 professional templates. And that’s not all. Enjoy!
- 24/7 reliable, always ready to help support is an excellent work of Shopify-team. The team is so supportive of all your needs that you will never fell alone in the making of your store!
- Would you like to try something in advance before buying it? Like we do it before buying clothes or shoes? Shopify’s team has the same opinion, that’s why Free 14-Days Trial version is waiting for you.
- Shopify is mobile friendly and there’s nothing to add. That’s wonderful! You also get an app on higher plans!
- Love Blogging? Shopify has its own set of CMS for your lovely blogs which you may easily customize!
- Email marketing is the best way to increase your buyers and with Shopify its just a matter of clicks!
- Shopify offers amazing payment solutions with more than 500 payment gateway integrations all over the world!
- Not only this you can offer discounts or coupon codes, gift cards or even create referrals in Shopify.
- Reporting is precise and taking into consideration all the feeds! That too straight to your dashboard!
Now you know everything about Shopify. CS-Cart is good but not the best e-commerce platform, comparing to Shopify it is reasons for switching are apparent.
You may still not consider Shopify to be better so let's know the issues you might face with CS-Cart in times to come!
- CS-Cart may make you rejoice over its opensource free version but you might know that good thing does not come for free and due to this fact there are significant limitations in its functionality and terms.
- Forget all your excitement from CS-Cart pricing because since all your credits run out, the tech support becomes more expensive than you suggest where will you go if you face a critical problem and need immediate help? You have to shell out your money!
- Previously we were writing about usual cart’s upgrades that allow the platform always to stay modern and advanced. But here is the other side of the same coin. All these upgrades are paid so welcomely to meet annual upgrade fees.
- Attention with choosing the payment gateway! You cannot just choose any gateway for your store! But when there are not many options what else can you do?
- Customization possibility. As it was mentioned previously, there’s an opportunity to change whatever you want and built the online store according to your preferences. It is still a truth, But you have to be a professional developer to do it by yourself. Or hire an IT specialist to do it for you. No more other ways, so DIY will not work here!
So seemingly opensource Cs-Cart doesn't give the flexibility of being totally opensource as well as customizing that clean look on the site!
Here we are with a complete guide as to how to go ahead with a smooth migration process. We will love to be your CS-Cart to Shopify Migration Guide
Just follow this flowchart:
- Take a CS cart Backup on your hosting environment before any migration happens!
- The first step is the data and content of your store
- Goto Products>Export the CSV, Goto Website export the pages data
- Next, take the customer data from the Orders
- After this just go ahead with your decision on to what kind of theme you want?
- Register with Shopify (you remember the cloth trial before buying funda?) start your trial
- Login to your dashboard import the exported data
- PRODUCTS>ALL PRODUCTS> IMPORT the CSV (set it into SHOPIFY format)
- ONLINE STORE>PAGES>ADD NEW PAGE>ADD all pages (like about us etc)
- CUSTOMERS>IMPORT CUSTOMERS
- Now all the data is imported time to set the categories and navigation
- Create each category as a collection
- PRODUCTS>COLLECTION>CREATE COLLECTION
- Then add everything to your navigation
- ONLINE STORE>NAVIGATION>ADD MENU
- After this, the next step is to quickly design your homepage with more than 10 free or unlimited premium themes available in Shopify!
- Add social media on the homepage add new feeds pop up discounts, countdown timers(all available on Shopify App Store)
- Now when this is done set your payments and shipping with Shopify amazing panel which gives you the flexibility to choose from more than 500+ gateway and 200+ shipping partner options!
- Now do not forget a test run through your store! Just go ahead with checking on the process as a buyer as well as a seller!
Congratulations you are ready with your brand new Shopify store with the ability to win over customers at just its first look!
We hope this guide will make your life easy with the most sorted e-commerce solution and this migration decision be the best one for your business and you reach new heights!
Do let us know how you feel after switching and also let us know if we can add some more guides for you!
Till next time!