- Latest Posts
- Speed Optimization
- Shopify Design
- Migration to Shopify
- Read from Medium
- Read from Blogspot
How Colors Can Influence Branding and Marketing
Which color do you want?
This paper game won hearts with displaying the day’s horoscope at the end depending on which color you choose! This is something which is also relevant in today’s time of eCommerce! Where a single color can decide the fate of your brand
There has been a lot of talk about all the aspects of a website be it the design be it the image quality be it the font! But all of these depend on the selection of the right palette of colors which gives your store the correct look and expresses your feelings to your customer.
Many entrepreneurs initially unknowingly select any color to match their website but this affects conversions as well as traffic resulting in low sales, with everything else perfect they fail to understand what is affecting their store, most of them don't know that the various colors they use on their website can have a significant impact on the mood of their customers. Getting the right mix of colors can mean the difference between a visitor and a loyal customer!
The Curious Case of Color
Ecommerce Researchers reveal that just like color therapy helps the body choosing the right colors help you win sales as well as hearts! Depending on your product range the choice of right colors can help you benefit more from the presentation of the website! Different colors have different psychological references each of the colors have a separate meaning, for example, you cannot have a full black shade card for kids store or you cannot have a fluorescent shade card for a store of elegant products for men like watches!
Along with the psychological dependency, even the look of the store relies greatly on the colors!
So let's get started with how you can choose colors according to your products!
The World is full of colors and you have to choose the best one for your store type and product! Different colors have their own commands, Let's point out some:
- Black is the color which defines power as well as dominance. Ecommerce usage of black generally denotes fine-tune and completeness of the store,obviously, excess usage may make your store look a dark horror movie but correct use incorrect spaces gives the store the required relevance as well as sends a confident message to potential customers. Black is the color which is used for most of the parts of the website including fonts and banner tiles so if you want to use it as the first color of your website make sure you use lighter shades of companion colors with Black! Black works wonders in stores that demand elegance as black defines it!
- Brown is always the shade next to black which is strong and dependable it gives the buyer an aura of trust as well as reassures them with subtle use!Brown as a color is perfect for food gourmet stores,trekker product stores
- Purple Color is the color that defines affluence, radiance as well as serenity! Purple color in its deepest forms works best for the stores which are into beauty products as it not only enhances the product space but also adds to women grandeur. A clever use of this color can work wonders into attracting buyers to your store quickly!
- Orange is the color of warmth it is very welcoming to the buyer and generally used for the pop ups most of the times!Orange color also gives a exciting look when paired with cool shades of blue and pink!Orange color works best for fashion quiry product stores like shades!
- Yellow is a cheerful and playful color that can really grab the customers’ attention. However, it should be used in moderation because an excessive use of yellow can turn customers off.Yellow goes great for kids as well as home product stores
- Green is the earth so this color has always an association with the nature! Green Color not only is sooting to the eyes but might want your buyers to hang on a little more on your store . When shoppers see green, they often relate the color to positivity, relaxation, safety, and harmony. Green works best for natural organic product store which gives it an authentic color as well as inbuilts a confidence on the buyer!
- Even though pink is usually associated with femininity, it can appeal to males as well since it exudes kindheartedness, romance, and love. Pink has a soothing effect so it can be used to offset more aggressive colors like black, orange and red. Pink also works wonders with baby and momma stores along with feminine stores!
- Red, this color not only has an important role in our daily lives as it’s the color of blood as well as color to display any danger but also in eCommerce it taps into the deepest, most primal, emotions of shoppers. Since red is usually associated with love, life, compassion at its height, that is why it has the power to convert potential buyers into lifelong customers if used correctly. But beware, too much red on a webpage can be visually overwhelming maybe it may result into DANGER for your store.
- White, the color which generates all the other colors according to the prism theory, white is the color which defines purity, wholesomeness, and clarity, and it is essential to most web pages. Always include empty white space around your content so that customers don’t feel boxed in. A website with more white space gives a more professional look to the store as well as enhances the look of the website!
- Blue conveys feelings of trust, peace, and productivity. Although blue is one of the most common colors on the web, it should be avoided if your webpage is involved with the hospitality industry, especially with restaurants as blue is said to decrease appetite.
- Grey is usually connected with seriousness and a conservative mindset also for a professional footer look shades of grey are always! The right shades of grey can serve as a great backdrop for other more vibrant colors such as blue, red, yellow.
Credit: The Logo Company
These are a few colors which you can check according to what your store is all about! Pastel shades of each color are the thing that is in trend at present,
Fluorescent shades also come along great with quirky pop stores with products which are a little different than the usual ones!
With the present list of colors now you become the color man and paint your stores future with colors of Success!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.