For a dropshipping store to be successful, the most vital factor is the products you choose for your store. The product(s) should be trending online, adding value to the customer’s life and profitable at the same time.
This is a definitive guide on finding the ‘alpha products’ for your store. These products would determine your brand image, your store saleability and shipping budgets, among other things.
Here are some ways that narrow down the product search process to help you find the right products for your store:1. Go For Niche Product - Everyone loves a unique product that is not easily available with the big online players or the brick and mortar shops. When you decide to sell products that solves problems for people, it should also be something that gives you an edge over your competitors. Select a niche that caters to a certain set of audience.
2. Exclude products from "Stay Away" Categories - Exclude items that are readily available everywhere and belong to the categories that have seen exponential growth rates. Mostly, these categories include apparel, accessories, jewellery, electronics, et al. Even if you decide to sell within these categories, remember to find your niche, for example, handcrafted jewellery or adventure sports electronic gadgets.
3. Select Products with repeated purchase patterns - Choose products that people generally need more than once in a year and are likelier to buy repeatedly. Such products are profitable as they help you generate constant sales over and over again, not to mention the long-term relationship you get to establish with your customers. But your remarketing campaigns must be different and attractive each time so people engage with your brand better and feel the need/want to purchase again from your store.
4. Select Low or Medium Price Range Products - When you are new to ecommerce, you need to choose products that fall in the low to medium price range. It’s a known fact that when your products are priced at a medium range, you are likelier to have improved conversions as buyers do not have to give the buy much thought. However, make sure that the product prices cover the cost of your marketing campaigns.
5. Select Products having Fastest Delivery Method - A delayed date for delivery is one of the main reasons for cart abandonment. The products you import and ship should be not too heavy or difficult to ship so that the delivery can be as fast and seamless as possible.
6. Select Products that Last - If you choose products that are too fragile and can suffer breakage or damages during transit, you’re in for more returns and losses than happy customers and profits. Select and keep products in your store that are strong, durable and do not need a separate ‘handle with care’ tag.
Once you filter your product selection process keeping these factors in mind, you’re more likely to have a dropshipping store with better success rates. Have you tested out your product ideas for your store yet?