There were days when starting a business meant to do something new, manufacture something, retail products only if you have good stock maintained and start things from scratch! Those were the times when for every single sale you would have to maintain the data of how to procure more if this goes out of stock!
Now is different!
Shopify is your answer and Dropshipping is the word!
With the advent of technology and new additions to the tech world every day, shopping has taken its own leap and so has the ways of shopping! Today when you have to buy a book you do not go all the way to the bookstore looking for it at a perfect one, you just google the title and then book it at your favorite ecommerce store!
So with selling and buying becoming so easy now, you know that even businesses can run easily and with Dropshipping it can run even without the actual products!
The third party does all the work for you!
You have just one task- Getting Customers!
Oh My God! If its that simple you may wonder that there must be many apps for it competing for becoming your choice-Yes you are right!
Shopify which is the WORLD’s #1 eCommerce platform has the range of amazing dropshipping apps specially designed for dropshipping business and creating the handiest interface for the merchant as well as the buyer! Shopify is the best eCommerce platform no only because of its affordability but its ease of use!
Here we have a guideline as well as a list of best apps for dropshipping in Shopify
Tick these Checkpoints before you choose the perfect App for your store!
- The app lets you choose products from Shopify or instantly sync your chosen products with your shop.
- The perfect app has the best rated and reviewed suppliers.
- The biggest flaw with dropshipping is longer shipping times. Look for apps with suppliers from all over the world (or at least near where your customers are) such that the shipping times are minimal.
- Another difficulty with dropshipping is keeping prices low but margins to a point where you can still make money. Since you're not handling shipping or storage, dropshippers tend to charge you more than wholesale pricing. The key here is to research suppliers on each app to see if you can actually make a profit without gouging your customers.
- Customer Support is also a challenge review the suppliers in a manner who can handle the buyers in case of a return or some damage issues
- Are you able to get product samples? This is one of the only ways to maintain quality control with dropshipping.
- Are you able to put your own branding on the packaging? Many suppliers do not let you brand their products! Make sure that this is a very important point as it deals with more of the authenticity of the store as well as is important for the trust of the buyer!
Here goes the list of dropshipping apps you may consider according to what suits you the best!
Oberlo is probably the most popular of all Shopify dropshipping apps. The reason for this is because Oberlo was one of the first to implement a system that automatically syncs products and product information with your Shopify store. Because of the major success of Oberlo, Shopify now includes it with new stores, without even having to install the app yourself.
- Oberlo has one of the largest selections of items you can find.
- Once you find the products you like, Oberlo instantly syncs the information to your store.
- All items remain up-to-date in your store. So if a product is out of stock, your customers won't end up buying it.
- Oberlo offers a Free Starter Plan, this is the best thing for the early starters making it easy for people without much upfront capital.
- The shipping times are improving with partnerships with other suppliers and markets like AliExpress. Don't get me wrong, AliExpress is great, but most of the suppliers are in India, Vietnam, or China.
Spocket is a highly rated, excellent alternative to Oberlo. Spocket seems more advanced than Oberlo in terms of the quality of suppliers. Most of the suppliers come from Europe and the US, so it's great for merchants based in those areas and also a faster delivery is ensured for the buyers of those areas.
- You get to work with European and US manufacturers, so the shipping is generally faster for stores located in those countries.
- The Spocket pricing is some of the most competitive of all apps on this list. The average discount for merchants is 45%, giving you plenty of room for your own margins.
- Your company branding is added to all receipts and invoices that go out. And this is something which is very very important for a developing brand
- The real-time shipment tracking keeps your customers in the loop.
- Spocket has options for testing out products before putting them on your website.
3. SMAR7 Express
SMAR7 Express is a full dropshipping solution with a large collection of items to choose from. You can ask SMAR7 Express to find suppliers for current products you have in your store.
- SMAR7 Express has an extremely smooth integration process with Shopify. You link up to AliExpress and instantly transfer items you like into your store.
- You have the option to take your previously listed products and get them fulfilled by a supplier. This is completely unique to SMAR7 Express.
- Although most of the AliExpress suppliers are in Southeast Asia, SMAR7 Express still tries to improve shipping times by using the E-Packet shipping option.
Modalyst works like most of the apps on this list–where you search for products and sync them with your online store.
The primary difference is how Modalyst focuses on providing access to name brand suppliers like Calvin Klein, Timberland, and Puma, so the products ought to be higher.
- Modalyst primarily dropships name brand products, so your customers don't get stuck with questionable items from random suppliers.
- There are also independent brands that you can partner with, which is a great way to boost margins (since the perceived value of these products is higher).
- The shipping is faster than most dropshipping apps. You also get free shipping to the United States, since most of the dropshippers are from the US.
- Modalyst provides an excellent tool for pricing rules. It helps with automatically setting and changing prices based on how much profit you'd like to make.
5. Inventory Source
Inventory Source has gained some traction in the dropshipping world for its ability to list your products to not only Shopify but to other sales channels such as Amazon and eBay.
- The dropshipping network from Inventory Source has over 180 suppliers with dozens of categories for you to choose from.
- The automation tools and management areas are fairly easy to understand and move around in.
- Inventory Source has a free account with access to all suppliers and niches.
- You can even add custom or private integrations if you upgrade to one of the paid plans.
- The customer support is willing to work with you on many facets of your business, including backorders and returns.
Printful combines custom printing and dropshipping so that you can sell anything from posters to t-shirts, and pillows to mugs. The great part about Printful is that it has an ever-growing collection of quality products, and the design module is well-structured for you to upload your designs and send a whole lot of personalized products on Shopify readily without even having to go through a full procedure bucket-list!
- The printing and dropshipping is all handled for you. You have to design your products, but graphic uploading tools are easy to use.
- Printful provides thousands of products in its library, making it easy to sell custom and branded items.
- Printful has several locations, including California and North Carolina. Therefore, you're able to get your products shipped to customers in a reasonable time frame.
- The pricing is completely free, so you can launch a store without any upfront costs. You only pay for the products sold.
Printify another option for your personalized products which might include coasters, mugs, tees.
- You get to choose from over 250 custom products on Printify.
- Printify has a large network of printers so that you're always getting the highest quality products.
- You're able to put your own branding on the packaging.
- The mockup generator is simple to understand and upload your own designs.
- You can also integrate your products with Etsy.
- A free plan is offered for an unlimited number of product designs and up to three stores.
8. Spreadr App – Amazon Importer
The Spreadr App takes an interesting approach to dropshipping by only linking you directly to Amazon for your supplier. You have the option to either dropship products or earn affiliate profits through your sales.
- The app gives you a unique opportunity to view items that are already selling well on Amazon.
- There's a quick import tool, where you search on Amazon and instantly add it to your store for selling.
- Dropshipping is allowed, but you can also decide to simply take an affiliate commission if you'd like.
- The basic plan is only $5 per month for an unlimited number of product imports.
Are you a coffee lover who wants the world to know that you not only love the taste but also are the most profound seller of gourmet coffee? Dripshipper is a niche coffee dropshipping app with strong ratings and reviews. The app lets you design your own coffee and coffee packaging, along with the labels and other information on the package. The orders are then shipped out to your customers when you make a sale.
- The shipping time is within three days for US customers.
- Dripshipper is an awesome and fun way to get into the dropshipping business.
- You only have to focus on one niche, so your product management is easier to understand.
- The packaging and coffee design tools are sleek and easy to understand.
- Everything on your coffee is branded to your company.
- There's a 14-day free trial.
MXED As the name suggests-It is a mixed pop cultural merchandise collection of products with high quality as well as big brand names. These products are already in high demand and there’s a huge market for them, so it’s definitely worth checking out what MXED has to offer
- Products provided by a leading supplier of officially licensed pop-culture merchandise
- Sell official merchandise legally without infringing on registered trademarks
- A wide selection of product inventory from various popular movie, TV & video game franchises
- These products are already in high demand & there’s a vetted market of customers
- MXED app integrates directly with Shopify
- No shipping, fulfillment or logistics required
- No inventory management
- MXED automatically receives orders through the app and can begin fulfilling the order
- Automatic pricing and inventory updates
Kite is a Shopify app that works similarly to Printful in that they provide products for you to print your own photos or designs on and they ship the products directly to your customers, however, they provide a slightly different product offering than Printful does. Their product offering includes apparel, homeware, phone & tablet cases, towels, flip-flops, photobooks, greeting cards, invitations, stickers, wall art and more, and they don’t actually own or manage the inventory themselves, they simply partner directly with the companies that manufacture, print and fulfill the orders so you get the fastest service.
- No minimum orders
- Free to use the app
- Worldwide shipping
- A wide selection of products — check out Kite’s product selection here
- Printing on demand
- Dropship directly to your customers
- View your reports & sales directly in the Kite app
- Help and information specifically for Shopify stores via Kite’s Shopify FAQ page
With such an elaborate list now the question arises that which one is the best for your store?
Answer to this depends totally on your needs!
If you really want to sell coffee, the best Shopify dropshipping apps would be Dripshipper. As for custom printing, I like Printify and Printful or Kite. For regular products and fast shipping, Spocket or Oberlo is the best option!
If you have still are in doubts about the best Shopify dropshipping apps, let us know in the comments.